Caroline Herter, an attorney at Sequor Law, focuses her practice on asset recovery, federal and state court fraud-based litigation, and cross-border insolvency cases.
Caroline Herter is a summa cum laude graduate from the University of Miami School of Law. Prior to joining Sequor Law, Caroline worked at a boutique plaintiffs’ litigation firm specializing in high-stakes mass tort, catastrophic personal injury, and qui tam whistleblower cases.
During law school Caroline served as the Eleventh Circuit Editor of the University of Miami Law Review, was a member of the Moot Court Board, Innocence Clinic, and Order of the Coif, and received multiple book awards for the highest course grade. She also interned for the Federal Public Defender’s Office, the San Diego County Public Defender, and the honorable Judge Jose E. Martinez in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
Before embarking on her legal career, Caroline taught English at financial institutions and pharmaceutical companies in Bogotá, Colombia. She received her Bachelor’s Degree in broadcast journalism from the University of Miami. Caroline is fluent in English and Spanish.
“La vida no la enseña nadie” – Gabriel García Márquez
As of 2019, Caroline Herter is Board Certified in International Litigation and Arbitration by the Florida Bar.
Desde 2019, Caroline Herter está certificado pela Ordem dos Advogados da Flórida como especialista em Litígio e Arbitragem Internacionais.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D. (summa cum laude, 2020)
- University of Miami Law Review, Volume 74 Eleventh Circuit Editor
- Charles C. Papy, Jr. Moot Court Board; Quarterfinalist, John G. Gibbons National Criminal Procedure Moot Court Competition
- C.A.L.I. Excellence for the Future Awards: Criminal Procedure, Evidence, Criminal Prosecution and Defense Adversarial Ethics
- Dean’s Certificate of Achievement Awards: Property, Innocence Clinic
- Honors designation for highest marks in Pretrial and Trial Litigation Skills
- George David Gold Scholarship, Stearns Weaver/Weissler Endowed Scholarship, Dean’s Merit Scholarship
- Order of the Coif
- University of Miami (Bachelor of Science in Broadcast Journalism with minors in Political Science and Urban Studies, 2016)